Thursday, September 12, 2013

House of Blues - Dallas

Yes, there are bites from the slider.  It looked too good.  Went to House of Blues so my wife could see Luke Bryan (no review on that).  Made reservations so we didn't have to stand outside in line with the masses, so had a Sam Adams beer (or three) and got some chips and hot sauce while I waited for my wife to arrive.  They were lacking in flavor, but filling I guess.

I didn't expect to find much tasty here for a main course, some fries or a salad maybe.  I was very pleased to see this on the menu - portabello sliders.  Described as two marinated portabello mushroom sliders, topped with smoked Gouda cheese, roma tomato and crispy field greens served on a brioche bun.  Well the brioche bun wasn't even an option so I didn't have to not order it, but I did, of course, have to request no Gouda.  I got a side of BBQ sauce and put the spicy pickles that came in the center dish on the sliders and they.were.GREAT.  My only regret was that I filled up on the chips and couldn't order another side of these.

Service was good, bill was not representative because we both had several adult beverages, which are way over-priced.  I like House of Blues (even though the booking guy is a pain in the backside when I am booking my band) - I am glad they have some food that is vegan-friendly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment