Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ruang Thai - Plano



So here is the Thai restaurant I really enjoy in Plano that was closed last week.  Thankfully it was only for the morning!  Ruang Thai always has exceptional service and a very nice variety of food to choose from, both vegan, vegetarian and otherwise.  While the owner's first language is not English, they understand my request for vegan entrees and have yet to disappoint.

The meal comes with complimentary soup - today's was Tom Gai (Thai coconut soup) and it was pretty tasty.  I still prefer the Miso at some establishments, but again I appreciate the vegan option.

My favorite dish here is the curry, and today I selected the Massamun curry with coconut milk, bell pepper, potato, onion and peanuts.  The peppers are crisp and the potatoes are fresh and not soggy.  It comes with the vegan egg roll and white rice pictured above.  The spice goes from one to five - I ordered the three and it had just the right kick for me.

The food comes out fast and hot, the service is excellent with each empty dish being cleared almost immediately and the tea staying full.  While they offered my coconut ice cream for dessert I did not accept nor ask if it was actually made from coconut milk or just coconut flavored.  With the drink and tax the meal came to right at $15.  Again, there are a lot of vegan options here and plenty of dishes that can be made vegan (without egg, etc).

From the flavor to the service to the price, this is definitely one of my favorite authentic Thai restaurants I have been to.   

  

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post.
    Thai ice cream in Garland
    Thai Roll Ice Cream in Garland

    ReplyDelete