Thursday, August 22, 2013

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my blog!  I am starting this blog for the simple reason that, as a vegan, I am always asked 'what can you eat there?' when I check out at a restaurant.  While I prefer vegan restaurants, my whole family is not vegan and, with the rare exception, I end up where they go.

So a little background - I have been vegetarian since I was 19 and, after many years of feeling like a hypocrite, went pure vegan a while back.  I am a vegetarian/vegan for ethical reasons - I find the meat industry deplorable and thus choose not to support it.  I also do not feel the need to kill or abuse an animal simply for my taste bud's pleasure and can get more than enough nutrients through vegan means.  Many of my reviews might not be the healthiest selections available, but again ethics is my reason for this lifestyle. 

That said, I will NOT rant about ethics on here, promise - and I prefer to not get into ethical debates in my comment section.  I understand it is a personal decision - I posted my reasons above and you are free to agree or disagree with them.  The purpose here is to merely point out that everywhere you dine, there are cruelty-free vegan options or, conversely, my fellow vegans can avoid a certain location does not offer vegan food at all (there are a few still).  I will try not to double up on locations unless I am having a different menu item or particularly good (or bad) service.    

Finally, I AIN'T NO ENGLISH MAJOR!!!  So if you take offense to poor grammar or spelling, don't bother following.  :-)

Thanks for the follow!  Please contribute locations and reviews, and if you see something I have posted that contains animal products I have missed please inform me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment